Friday 7 October 2011

Chael Sonnen

Only two years ago, he received Chael Sonnen indifferent reaction from the crowd at the Staples Center in Los Angeles while he was walking to the cage to attend the match in the UFC 104 against Yushin Okami.

Indifference is the enemy most of those who need to sell themselves to the public in order to earn a living.

On Saturday at Toyota Center in Houston, about three weeks shy of two years after the entrance of the unknown, Sonnen received will vary a lot. Sonnen will meet war hero Brian Stan on pay per view card in the UFC 136 and you will no doubt welcome the loud and passionate fans.
It is likely to be greeted by a chorus of boos and jeers, although it eased to talk trash to him dropped significantly. But in the sport in which one makes more money on the basis of the ability to sell tickets, pay-per-views and goods, and the ability to create a reaction from the public is key.

Although anything but glowing comments about Stan, one of the veterans of Operation Desert Storm who received the Silver Star for heroic acts during the battle in Iraq in 2005, Sonnen still do not know how to deal with the public and produce a reaction.

He was coming off an exciting medium-title fight loss to Anderson Silva in the UFC 117, but he still considers himself announced the top fighter in the world.

"I'm the best fighter in the world, and I was the best fighter in the world for a very long time," said Sonnen in a comment sure to anger fans who care about this kind of thing. "I just was not my shot. I have worked with these guys in practice every day. I worked out with the men who were world champions and legends today and stuff. I trained with them every single day. I just did not get the opportunity I have. I have been a better time long. I have finally got recognized, and I think is the easiest way to say that. This is how it goes. "

Sonnen has not competed since losing to Silva by submission in the final moments of the title fight before the average 14 months in Oakland, California, by the evening of the battle, I spoke way to becoming the biggest villain UFC, Silva has repeatedly insulting the members of his camp in every interview or appearance public reaction.

Although he lost what was one of the greatest battles in the history of UFC, he had made himself one of the biggest stars of the sport, and it seems that the appointment of cash after a march from toiling in the shadows.

But crashed a wave of momentum he was riding when he failed in the analysis of urine after the fight and was suspended for the Sports Commission and the state of California after two scathing. In which testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and because of what he says is a condition for a long time and before existing medical, but the Commission alleged that the failure of the application for exemption is necessary therapeutic use correctly. CSAC executive officer, said George Dodd was on the TRT after the weight, but the Committee chose to suspend him. Originally was suspended for one year, but was reduced later in the half on appeal.

Along the way, and drew the wrath of Keith Kizer, Executive Director of the Commission and the neighboring state of Nevada sports, on what was believed to lie Kizer Sonnen told about a conversation between them during his testimony at the first hearing in the state of California.

The conflict with Kizer for being unable to obtain a second license in Nevada, which resulted in him not being able to coach this season, "to fight in the end," and that he wanted to do badly.

Sonnen acknowledge that his time away from the fighting will hurt him, but he said that none of the circus that followed the analysis of urine since the failed attempt to make an impact.

"I did not even wrapped in a bit of it," said Sonnen. He added: "This is a director of my own. I do not deal with the bureaucracy. I do not come into the ring with the leaves. I show up with shorts and expressive one. I did not participate in it. If you ask me about the details, I could not share with you. I do not even know.

"I think definitely [my absence of 14 months] would hurt. I think that certainly there will be a problem. I'll have to let you know after the war, but I anticipate being a problem. You do not compensate at all. You are dealing only with problems. Problems come to me in all time. who cares? "

It will be a big problem, and aggressive, and hard to hit him on Saturday. The former world light heavyweight champion Stan Extreme Cagefighting has put himself as a fighter, suddenly become as hot as any medium in the world other than Silva.

He won three in a row and five of six and the last is a man of vastly different from the naive, 25, who appeared for the first time in the WEC in 2006.

"Ignorance is bliss," said Stan, laughter, knowledge about the MMA at the time. "I'd had two games and you know something - anything - that the sport was and what was the truth. You hit the men, so I thought I was doing the right things and making good progress."

But came Stan to Las Vegas to train at Couture Xtreme in late 2006 he came to the revelation amazing: he had no idea what he was doing, and that it significantly reduced the difficulty of the sport and he has a lot of work to do, even for we get to the average.

"Some of these men in place of Randy, Forrest Griffin, Frank Trigg, a handful of men, and worked with them, and literally thrown my butt," said Stan. "Dealing with the effects of the mat with my back, with my face. I and a half weeks just out of 5 of the fighting and I said to myself," Wow, this sport is more complex than you realize. "I know I must work hard and give more attention to detail than I was. "

The biggest weakness for him - wrestling - also happens to be the largest force in the Sonnen. Stan has worked on a regular wrestling - not the MMA wrestling - while he was at his home in Atlanta, just so he will be able to chance against the elite wrestlers.

Loss in his last, the former president of the Division I NCAA wrestling champion Phil Davis at UFC 109, Stan has taken down and controlled frequently.

Vowed not to let that happen again, and so far so good.

Because he rolled off three straight wins since losing to Davis, including a win on the 2004 junior college wrestling champion Mike Massenzio.

UFC President Dana White, the winner of the match on Saturday will get a title shot at Silva, and it's no longer outrageous to think Stan can compete successfully with a world-class wrestler.

"Brian Stan and beast," said Sonnen. "I know what I'm against here. This is not, 'hello to you back to the UFC' battle, where I can just kind of going through the motions and get the win," he said. "This man is difficult as they come and I know that it does not matter where you go this battle, it would be a serious battle."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Lady Gaga, Salman Khan